Friday, July 15, 2011

Manhattan Christian College

When I was still at Adams State College (Alamosa, CO), I remember when I made the decision to move to Manhattan. I told a bunch of friends. One gal's response was, "I love New York."

Well, I can finally say that I've been to New York (visited the airport in fact) but not exactly where I was moving to.




For the first 6 months that I lived in Kansas, this was my second home.

This is Joliffe Hall. Since I went to MCC to study music, this was where I spent a good portion of my time. (The top picture just happens to be the back side of Joliffe. It's also the side that faces K-State.)





The first picture is the main center for academics. I took some of the best classes in that building.. which I strangely don't remember the name of. The second picture is Coffin Memorial Student Center. (Is it only me, or is that a strange name for a student center? Hopefully it's named after someone!) The only reason I remember the name is because of the sign out front. Awesome!


This was one of my favorite places. It was smack dab in the center of all the buildings. I remember it being such a peaceful place.

I'm glad to know that upon going back, it hasn't changed.








Story Time: When I was living in Manhattan, there was a big to-do regarding the 10 commandments. At the time, they were on the lawn in front of city hall. But for whatever reason, it suddenly became "unconstitutional" to have them there. So, after a lengthy debate, MCC took possession of the monument. It now sits prominently in front of the main MCC sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment